Sunday, July 27, 2008

A receipe and some new pics...

First things first... I mentioned my Mom's zucchini bread receipe so I thought I'd share it.
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
~ Combine. Beat at med speed for 2 minutes.~

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon (I don't know why it doesn't say 1 TBSP but this is
how the recipe reads and I figure why mess with perfection.)
~ Sift together and add to the oil mixture. Beat at med speed for 1 min.~

1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped zucchini (finely or chunky, whatever you like.)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
~ Add to batter until blended. Bake in a 13x9 baking dish (sprayed with
cooking spray) for 1 hour.
* I usually cut the cake into 3 - 4 four "loaves".
* It makes a ton! Freezes well.



Bridget, my Dad and Mom got a new puppy last weekend. She is soooo sweet!


We have decided to remove the gate that has been keeping the boys out of our kitchen. I decided it would benefit us all if Collin new a little about what actually goes on in there, so he and I made yummy applesauce with yellow squash puree muffin's. He was so proud!






Yesterday my dad introduced us to Charleston Falls. It is a beautiful Miami county park, just north of Huber Heights. There is a lot to see there and the boys loved it. We hiked, played in the creek and we even saw 3 snakes sunning themselves on the rocks at the bottom of the waterfall.

I made a picnic lunch for us to enjoy before we went on our long hike.


Aaron, Grandpa and Noah monkeying around.



WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!



The boys love to ride on Daddy and Grandpa's shoulder's.





When did Collin loose a leg? You think we would have noticed? OOPS!



Cavemen.



Dell-henge.



Beautiful boy!



Looking for crawdad's with Daddy.

Well, that's what we've been up to. Oh yea, Collin is officially day-time potty trained!! Next time you see him, please congratulate my little champion! We are SO proud of him! Way to go big guy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are my potty-training guru, hands-down. Queen Becky. Now I'm mixing metaphor, but....Yay Collin! Those muffins sound yummy too- I love the idea of smuggling squash into muffins....so when you're feeling the urge to type up another recipe....

:)

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.