Monday, October 12, 2009

An Ohio blogger's weekend: Part 1

This was a great weekend to be a blogger in Dayton! SO much to do and so many great ladies to meet and spend time with. Saturday night Hubs and my dad took Noah and Collin to a cider making event at a farm in Xenia, OH. It is an annual event hosted by the wonderfully generous Beam family! I try to make the event every year and I think this is only the 4th or5th one I have
missed since I was in Jr. high. So sad I didn't get to visit with the wonderful folks there.. Hubs said it was a blast and the kids had a wonderful time throwing apples into the apple washing machine. They brought home a 1/2 gal of the amazing cider!

Yes, I made them do this, but look how cute they are!
The boys made these SCARY (insert spooky voice) Jack-O-Lantern's last weekend w/ my parents.
Notice the resemblance between Collin and his friend?
So, while the men in my life played farmer, my BFF and Mom headed to the onceamonth.com tweet-up at Forge Enterprises in the Historic Oregon District. It was so much fun. We got to eat yummy food, watch cooking demo's, visit with some amazing women and make new friends! I think the icing on the cake was that we (Stephany, Mom and I) all won a prize! Very cool!
I won this (minus cover) amazing Longaberger large market basket.

http://ic.longaberger.com/uploads/fckeditor/longaberger/Image/ProductImages/Images/small/product.17818BSKT.small.jpg(photo : Longaberger.com)
AND this 9x11 stone baking dish in cranberry.

http://ic.longaberger.com/uploads/fckeditor/longaberger/Image/ProductImages/Images/small/product.31237POT.small.jpg(photo :Longaberger.com)

It was a beautiful night! The weather was cool, but warm enough to check out the view from the roof.

It was really a nice treat to be out of the house spending time talking, eating and learning.


This is the only pic I got of the actual event! I know, I am sooooo lame! This is Tricia. She is the author and creator of Onceamonthmom.com. It is a wonderful concept and I hope to give it a try SOON! (Come on mom! Let's do it!) http://onceamonthmom.com/ If you like the idea of cooking for the entire month in one day, than go to her site now and learn how! She is really organized and has many wonderful idea's!

Overall, it was a great night!!

No comments:

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.