Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Collin


So for the last 3 or 4 months Collin has hated taking baths. He didn't even seem to like swimming last summer that much. Well, I am happy to report that as of last night he cannot get enough. It is like a switch has been flipped. The child rolled around in the tub, got his enitire face wet, he even laid on his back with his ears under the water. Aaron and I just looked at each other in shock. He even liked getting his hair rinsed out. It was such a joyful time for him. Praise the Lord, no bath tears for the first time in months!!
In other Collin news... potty training. Well, initially I thought he was super gifted in this area, but in August when I was first admitted to the hospital, the child that was day trained (in 9 days) wanted nothing to do with the potty. While he still has not "poo-pooed" in the potty since August, he can now stand at the potty and "pee-pee" all by himself. He doesn't even want me to hold his shirt up, so we go through a lot of shirts in a day, but he is doing great!! I am so proud of him.
Way to go big boy!

3 comments:

DrMommy said...

Amen and Amen! I was surprised by how many times we seemed to go through the love baths/hate baths cycle with the girls (for a while it seemed like someone was always crying, not including Mommy), but they are finally consistently loving it (and will actually let us rinse their heads with the shower head). LB loves it, but I'm waiting for the "hate it" phase to start!!

Jenny said...

Hey, is Collin growing he looks really skinny in that picture?

Erin said...

Yay Collin! I'm super impressed with the standing-while-going thing. I am too chicken (or maybe just too lazy) to go there with my own trainee.

Hmmm....maybe he and Jack belong to some sort of underground Poop-Free Potty club.

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.