Monday, September 29, 2008

good news...bad news

I had my first post-op appointment today and the good news is that everything looks great. The nurse was able to remove all 25 - 30 staples as well as all of the stitches. I feel so thankful because they were really starting to pull. The bad news is that I will have to wait 1-2 more weeks before they are able to remove the Nephrostomy (I have no idea how to spell it!) tube from right kidney. They said it was simply not ready to be removed. I am really disappointed, but I did receive a new bag that is easily concealed under my pants. I have been told to wait about 3 more weeks before I return to normal work load and then I can drive and even walk for exercise as long as I pace myself. I am not able to resume any other kind of work out plan for 3 months.
So, I seem to be in need for some more childcare assistance. I am covered this week and next, however I do have some need for help the following week.
If you are available, please let me know when.
Thanks for reading. I can't wait for this to be over and just a memory. Thanks for your continued support.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow!! I can't believe you forgot to mention your fancy new bag!

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

Hi friend! I'm calling you tonight! I want to come see you and pray with you...I might have to bring the boys, but they can play and we'll chat for a few minutes! We won't wear you out, promise!
God has his ways and it's tough when they don't match our ways! Trust in His superior knowledge, as He knows what's best for you and your body!

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.