Friday, September 26, 2008

on the road to recovery.

Today is the first day that I am actually feeling a little better. I am now able to lie on my back, which makes sleeping much easier. I feel like I am a little more rested and I know that is helping my state of mind greatly. My pain level is much less today and I have started only taking one pain pill every 4 hours instead of 2. I feel a lot more like myself and much more hopeful. I return to the doc on Monday morning for him to remove my stitches, staples, and the tube. I am a bit nervous about the tube. I had staples with both c-sections and they don't hurt at all when they are removed, but I can't imagine how this is going to feel. I am guessing it probably won't be a fun experience, but once it is done, it is done.
I am so thankful for all of you who have lifted me up before our Lord as I have not been able to. Thanks for you faithful support and all of the kind encouragement.
God bless!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling some what better today. I go out of town Monday. Let me know if you need anything before then. Love and Prayers!

Beccy said...

Still praying for you daily. SOOOO glad you are feeling a little bit better and more hopeful. Random question: Did they give you a big elastic wrap to go around your abdomen? With my c-sections (which I know isn't the same thing, but is still and invasive abdominal surgery) that halved he pain I was experiencing by providing some counterpressure. You could ask about it, I think they are pretty common, but not always given out routinely after surgeries - Abby had to ask for one after the twins were born, but it helped her a ton, too. If this is totally not helpful you can pretend I didn't mention it. Love from Nebraska.

Becky :) said...

Beccy ~ I too had 2 c-section's, but the pain from this is much more sever and the belly wrap really won't help. Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I think the stitches/staples will catch because they are on my side and the tube coming out of my back is somewhat sensitive to pressure at this point. Thanks for your suggestion though!

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.