Friday, January 16, 2009

Taking the day off...

Okay, the flu or something like it has hit all four of us. Today I told Noah that we were going to take today off and just rest on the couch. He smiled and said, "Mommy I get to take the day off. Okay"
Fast forward a couple of hours...
I tell the kids to go upstairs for naptime and Noah got very upset. I asked why he was so upset and he said, "Mommy you told me I could have the day off so I don't have to take a nap". I asked him what he thought it meant to take the day off. He looked at me innocently and said " I think I get to go on vacation." So not only is he sick, now I took a vacation away from him. Poor guy!

2 comments:

Stephany said...

Hey, 'vacation' to a kid is
1) Doing nothing that you don't want to do
2) Doing everything that you DO want to do
So, Peter thinks he's on vacation at his Grandparents house, a lot! :0)
That's funny though! Your children really take time to process things, mine just talk back! :0)

Erin said...

I love it! Especially because I don't know a Mama whose personal day off doesn't include the chance to nap. Oh the trials of being small- I can just imagine the disappointment of not going on vacation AND having to still nap. What a day. :)

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.