Friday, April 18, 2008

Tribute to a Zander

Today marks the one year anniversary of a precious cousin I will never be able to meet. One year ago today Alexander Sanchez was born to Aaron's cousin and her husband and one year ago today, God took baby Zander home. I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on this precious little angel and the sweet baby Aaron and I lost who was to be born on October 30, 2004. The sweet baby our friends Joe and Erika never got to hold that was to be born later this year. The baby brother or sister that never saw the light of day that my mom and dad lost when I was just a child. The sweet twin to baby Emmaline that our friends Jen and Nathan will never be able to kiss.

As a mother I don't think there are words big enough to express the great kaleidoscope of emotions that you experience when you loose a baby. I still have the ultrasound picture from the first time I ever was able to feel the amazing feeling that comes with the knowledge and image of life existing within my body. It was over 4 years ago that we lost our baby, but I still cry when I think about our first child. I have moved past the time when I question God's reason for this, I still wish that He would have made my baby whole, healthy and here, but I rest in knowing His will is done.
So, to all of my friends and family who have lost the most precious of all gifts,
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and he shall make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for making me cry! I do appreciate that you acknowledged the loss of Emmy's twin. Of all our friends, you are still the only one who mentions #4. God knew we would have our hands full with Emmaline, but it doesn't mean that I don't miss that baby sometimes. I'm so glad that I have you to relate to.

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.