Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another blessing....

Yesterday was long for me. The boys were much better than the day before, but my pain was worse. My friend Jen brought dinner over for us and it was delicious!! I am excited to eat it again for lunch today!:) Anyway, please keep me in your prayers as I am going to have my first cortisone injection done this afternoon. I am so thankful that my Dad will be able to take me and my in-laws are going to watch the boys. The plan is to drop them off aroung 1:15 and be at my appt. around 2. I am a bit nervous because these injections were very painful when I experienced them 6 years ago, but the payoff was tremendous.
I came across a "thankfulness journel" that Aaron and I kept when we were going through this the first time. I had forgotten that when the injections were administered, in 2002, our insurance was aweful!!!! and we had to pay thousands of dollar's in the end for the service. (It is considered an outpatient surgical procedure.) This time around we only have to pay a $25 co-pay ~ PRAISE GOD!! One of the entries I read mentioned how thankful and relieved we were to pay our last installment of a 13 month pay-off process from the procedures. I had completely forgotten. God blessed us GREATLY as we struggled to keep our heads above water with the medical expenses which seemed to pile up and at the time we were living off of Aaron's server earning's and generous gifts from our parents.
I am so thankful for the many lesson's God taught Aaron and I in the first 2 years of our marriage. I have often heard people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but that wasn't the case for us. I thank God for making Aaron the man he is. I know that neither of us wanted for my back to go out then (OR NOW!), but everyday I am thankful that we serve a God who is in control of all that is going on in our lives.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad you enjoyed the meal...let me know when you'd like another one. How is your back today? Love you!

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.