Thursday, December 6, 2007


My first official blog...

My first official blog... Hello all! Thank you for taking a moment to check out my very first blog. I have been encouraged by many of my friends to start a blog and today, I gave in. I think I will like the world of blogging, but I don't know how much time I will be able to put in. Time will tell. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading. :)
Yesterday morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow. It was wonderful! My dad and sister came over for grilled cheese sandwich's and soup and then played with Noah in the snow for a bit. It was so fun to watch! Collin is fighting a cold that won't seem to truely come to be an actual cold, but it has been bothering him since last Wednesday, so he and I stayed inside. Noah was even more excited when he came inside and got to drink moderately warm chocolate with coolwhip from a real coffee mug and have fresh baked brown sugar cookies. YUMMY! We ended the afternoon by watching Elf all cuddled up underblankets. I think Noah was the only one who actually stayed awake for the entire movie. Poor Collin went to bed after lunch and missed the entire party.
The current state of my life would probably be summed up as consistent challenges that someday will produce a wiser woman and two boys who love the Lord and are able to be productive citizen's. Lately I have been thinking a lot about the future of our family. I think about how much my life has changed over the past 10 years and how fast all of those changes have occured.
Becky 10 years ago:
~about 6 months graduated from highschool
~19 years old (+2 weeks)
~2 of my four grandparents were alive
~"in love" with a boy named David (what a joke)
~ partying a lot!
~ drank too much.
~ lived dangerously.
~ never thought about the fact that I was immortal.
~I rejected God.
Becky now:
~ I love God.
~ Mommy of two amazing boys.
~Married, 7 years, to the love of my life.
~Homeowner.
~Minivan driver. (By choice)
~Diaper changer.
~Potty trainer.
~Massage Therapist.
~Full-time student enrolled in the school of do the best you can parenting.
~BUSY...BUSY...BUSY!!
~ HAPPY!!
When you take time to compare where you are and where you were, I think you will either be happy or sad. The lesson's I have learned over the past ten years are invaluable and have shaped me into the woman I am today, just as the lesson's I will learn over the next 10 years will shape me into the person I will become. I am so thankful for where God has placed me in my life. I am thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful for my church. I am thankful for the many blessing and even the challenges God has placed in my life. I hope you have a great day!!
Love to all,Becky

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations on starting a blog. I wasn't sure how much time I would devote to it when I started ours, but now I love keeping it updated for friends and family. Welcome to the blogging club!

Erin said...

Yahoo!! Am so glad you've put the adventures of the Dell boys and the thoughts of their awesome ma online. ...by the way, loved 1997 Becky and am digging the 2007 edition too...you have a beautiful life!

Unknown said...

This is great. It's so easy to keep up with you and your life now. I also, love the ten year comparison! Loving your life and God is so important.

********************* What's New with the Dells? ********************

*********************************** Becky Dell *********************************

*********************Child of God, happily married to a wonderful man and together we are raising 2 amazing Boys!*************

About Me

My photo
I am a child of God! I am happily married to the love of my life and together we are raising two amazing boys.